Ted Nugent has announced his final-ever tour, Adios Mofor ’23. The legendary rock musician admitted that he would retire from the road after Adios Mofor ’23 tour.
Nugent‘s music is a fusion of hard rock, heavy metal, and blues, with catchy guitar riffs and energetic performances. He is known for his dynamic stage presence, which has earned him a reputation as one of the most electrifying performers in rock history. Nugent’s songs are full of raw energy and attitude, reflecting his love for hunting, freedom, and the American way of life.
Over the course of his career, Nugent has sold millions of albums and performed thousands of shows around the world. His touring legacy is one of the most impressive in the music industry, spanning over five decades. Nugent’s live shows are renowned for their intensity and high-octane energy, featuring pyrotechnics, high-flying guitar solos, and even live animals on stage.
Nugent‘s most successful albums include Cat Scratch Fever, Double Live Gonzo!, and Weekend Warriors, which spawned hit singles such as Stranglehold, Cat Scratch Fever, and Wango Tango. His music has influenced countless musicians and bands, and his guitar playing has been praised by fans and critics alike.
Recently, after playing nearly six decades in rock music, Ted Nugent announced that this summer would mark his final tour in music. Saying that he would always play music, Nugent added that he will also play new music.
“This is ‘Adios Mofo’. This is my last tour,” Nugent says. “Now I’ll always play music. I’ve got new records I’m gonna make. I can’t wait to unleash some of these new songs. I’ve got an instrumental called ‘Butter Fingers’ that is just greasy. You can’t eat barbecue ever again adequately without the song ‘Butter Fingers’ playing loud next to your brisket.”
Ted Nugent also thanked people who supported him throughout his career.
“The point being is thank you, everybody, for an incredible musical dream,” he reveals. “The musical dream will continue but I’m not going on tour anymore because hotels are jail. [Laughs] A hotel room is jail for me. My dogs won’t allow me to not spend a day with them, so [my dogs] will go on the road with me this year. But the logistics are just too complicated when you have dogs and grandkids and kids and so many other things.
“The point is the American Dream has a soundtrack, and with my unbelievable musicians for 65 years, I have created the most fun, titillating, centrally stimulating soundtrack in the history of the world.
“Like last year, in 2022, ‘Detroit Muscle’, this will be the greatest, most intense, tightest, most dynamic, outrageously fun tour of my life. But ‘Adios Mofo’.”
As of April 2023, Ted Nugent’s Adios Mofo ’23 tour dates are as follows:
- July 20 – Shipshewana, IN @ Blue Gate Performing Arts Center
- July 21 – Charles Town, WV @ Hollywood Casino
- July 25 – Rochester, NY @ Kodak Center
- July 26 – Glenside, PA @ Keswick Theater
- July 27 – Jim Thorpe, PA @ Penn’s Peak
- July 30 – Owensboro, KY @ RiverPark Center
- August 02 – Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
- August 03 – Lancaster, PA @ American Music Theatre
- August 04 – Washington, PA @ The Meadows Racetrack
- August 05 – Clearfield, PA @ Clearfield County Fair
- August 06 – Marietta, OH @ The Adelphia Music Hall
- August 09 – Saginaw, MI @ The Temple Theatre
- August 10 – Huber Heights, OH @ Rose Music Center
- August 11 – Detroit, MI @ Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill